This year I’ll be attending PodCamp Toronto again. However, I won’t be presenting as in year’s past. This time I’m on the organizing committee. I’m also excited to be attending a number of the sessions. Here are my top 5 sessions I’m most excited about:
- How We ruined Radio and the Internet – hosted by the dynamic duo Humble and Fred. These former Toronto DJ’s now have one of the most listened to podcasts in Canada as well as a show on Sirius Radio.
- Blogging Across Canada – Katharine Stanbridge rode her bike across Canada in the summer of 2013. Every night she wrote a blog post. I’m very excited to listen to her experiences!
- My Name is Barbara – Saul Colt will be at his usual best (read entertaining and informative) in this session from one of the world’s best word of mouth marketers.
- Working Justin Trudeau’s Digital Campaign: A Case Study – In what could be a glimpse into how the next prime minister of Canada used digital.
- Podcasting 101 – Mike Boon has one of the most popular blogs in Toronto and is a local pioneer in podcasting. Learn how he has helped others get started and what he’s doing on his own show.
Hope to see you there! If you have not registered do so NOW!
I love PodCamp Toronto. 2012 marks the 4th time I will be attending PCTO and the third consecutive that I will be participating in. For those of you who are unfamiliar with what PodCamp is all about I refer you to my previous posts here. PodCamp Toronto is Canada’s largest, free, new media unconference.
This year, I am excited to be moderating a panel on Community Management. On the panel are Jas Banwait, co-founder of Two Mangoes; Amira Dhalla, community manager for My City Lives; Lucia Mancuso, President at The Blog Studio and my thirdocean co-founder, Carolyn Van.
We would love to see you at our panel and hear your thoughts on community management. Our session is on Saturday, February 25th at 10:45am in Room RCC-229.