Did you miss me last week? Or yesterday? I know. Not yet. Soon. Very soon. Content is coming here. And fast.
In any event, here are the last 2 weeks that were.
- You can find my most recent Techvibes contributions here. However, here are a few you might find interesting or useful. Maybe both. And hopefully a little entertaining.
- Canadian company takes location-based apps to another level.
- Canadian Prime Minister Harper on YouTube.
- Want to get paid to blog and travel? Yeah, me too.
- Do you pay too much on your cellphone bill?
- Last straw for WIND Mobile?
- Julie Tyios of the Toronto Transit Commission Customer Advisory Panel.
- Mitch Joel on the value of promotional products.
I can’t believe how fast this week has gone. It’s been a really cool week. Lot’s of opportunities have been coming my way recently.
If you want a pulse on what’s happening with me follow me on Twitter. I’ve even been asked to do a meetup overseas. I’ll let you know how that turns out the closer it comes.
Ready to go back to the future? Here we go!
- Everyone watched the Olympics. Well, almost everyone.
- Tweet & Win (another reason to be on Twitter)
- TheBizMedia (video)
- 5 Questions…with Joallore Alon (a MUST follow for Torontonians in Toronto)
- Julie Tyios and the TTC
- Top 25 technology predictions from futurist Dave Evans
- iBizBook’s Community Manager (video)
- Art of Marketing Twitter contest winners (another reason to be on Twitter!)
- The Canadian Budget and technology
- Finding your online pulse (video)
- Thoora.com “knows” what the most popular Olympic story was!
Have a great weekend!
Watching curling as often as I do….once every 4 years…got me thinking about the importance of the hammer. Having the hammer is having control. Are we in control of what we’re doing? Do we have the last say in what we do or who we become?
Like curling, we’re going to, one day give up control of our destiny. Maybe we’ll need other people to become involved in our life in order for us to succeed. If so, don’t settle for one point. Crush it!
So, do you have Olympic fever? I’m trying to but with the 12 hour difference, it’s a little hard trying to follow what did happen and what might happen.
However, I do have some observations:
“Aqua-Man”, Michael Phelps has more gold medals than the country of Canada has total medals.
So does Zimbabwe, Kazakhstan, Vietnam, Togo, Tajikistan, Kyrgyzstan, and Uzbekistan. Not combined. Individually! Amazing or crazy? Seems Canada is focusing on the 2010 Winter Olympics in Vancouver/Whistler. Good luck.
You gotta be kidding me?! The Spanish Men’s Basketball team posed for this picture for the Olympics. What were they thinking? Is this some sort of weird Spanish humor that I just don’t get? Or is it just a case of bad judgment?
For those of you who follow the Toronto Raptors of the NBA, read what Jose Calderon had to say. This is not an indictment on the Spanish or Jose. However, it is a mistake that needs to be apologized for. The sooner, the better.