The latest incarnation of The Art of Marketing hit Toronto earlier this month. Here are some of the highlights (from my notebook):
Creativity is breaking the rules of the real world to create something new and different.
Creativity doesn’t happen in the “real” world.
Do you roll over right after your “a ha!” moment?
Structural process helps deliver creativity.
Remember WHY people talk and share. Psychology > Technology.
Craft contagious content.
People communicate desired identities.
Make people feel like insiders.
Find the inner remark-ability.
Top of mind means tip of tongue.
If its built to show, it’s built to grow.
Really good stories are like Trojan Horses.
Be willing to get hit.
All media is now optional because the user is in charge.
The edges are where the growth is and happens.
Does your work matter?
Connection economy is where the value is created.
You can get a coffee anywhere. But you can only get a double double from Tim Hortons.
Jobs have been replaced by Art.
Without generosity there is no art.
You can’t predict virality because people are different.
Don’t be afraid to fail big.
Creativity is a renewable resource.
Twitter is a triumph of humanity not a triumph of technology.
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to email (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)