As a partner with a Toronto-based social media agency I have the opportunity to interview the various personalities in the industry on a regular basis. The following interview first appeared on our agency blog last week. I hope you enjoy the conversation.
In our conversation we talk about:
- Social media and e-commerce initiatives at RealSports
- How RealSports adapts to work stoppages and impacts experiences at e11even, a casual fine dining restaurant at Maple Leaf Square.
- 0:19 – Karim introduces Gail
- 1:18 – Gail shares how she got into social media and what she’s learnt through her experiences
- 5:15 – Social media users’ expectations online and how it influences the relationship between the customer and the company
- 8:07 – Social media management through Gail’s personal Twitter account and it’s influence on the brand’s overall reputation
- 10:33 – The impact of work stoppages (hockey strike, NBA lockout, etc.) and how it was handled on social media on RealSports
- 14:30 – How to cater to different needs under one collective brand
- 15:40 – Using Twitter as a conversion tool to increase foot traffic and purchases
- 18:49 – What type of content resonates with RealSports fans
- 23:49 – How RealSports e-commerce platform impacts social media initiatives
- 25:33 – Working with a consumer popular brand and if it has made Gail’s social media efforts easier than it would for an unknown startup brand
- 27:16 – How has e-commerce at RealSports impact experiences at e11even, and how such experiences will come to the social media savvy crowds at RealSports. Gail also shares the pilot project for RealSports apparel that started last year – a thirdocean exclusive!
- 29:27 – Karim wraps up.
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to email (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)