It is officially my favourite mobile app. I’ve used it a little bit personally. (I wish I could use it more. I use Vine on my iPad because I don’t have an iPhone.) And I’ve spent some time checking out some really good Vines.
Anyways, here are 6 tips (because we only have 6 seconds) to make a great Vineo (sounds good):
1.) Plan before you record. Two things here: You only have 6 seconds so there’s not much time to waste. Second, you have the ability to be creative with Vine’s stop motion recording feature so really think about all the cool things you can do. Here’s one simple example: http://vine.co/v/b1E7TQuO6q9
2.) Tell a great story. It may only be 6 seconds. Yet, ask any comedian: a punch line is delivered in less time than that.
3.) Effective tagging. Vine has categories that you can use to search for Vines. If used properly you should notice more people liking and commenting on your submissions. Remember #2: Tell a great story. If you use tags inappropriately or your content sucks no one will like or comment on it.
4.) Publish to Twitter and Facebook. Not everyone is on Vine so share with your friends and family. Even if they are not on Vine they may still give you valuable feedback on Twitter and Facebook.
5.) Camera Position matters. I screwed up on my first Vine. Hold your iPhone vertical. Not horizontal.
6.) Be yourself. Don’t try and imitate other people. Be yourself.
What tips would you add to this list?
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to email (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)