What do you get when you mashup the Ultimate Fighting Championship, social media and infographics? A fun and interactive infographic like the one below.
(if the infographic doesn’t respond please visit: http://public.tableausoftware.com/views/UFC/Dashboard1?:embed=y )
The UFC has put alot of emphasis on social media. If you watch any of the Pay Per Views you will notice that each fighter and personality has their Twitter handle (@TitoOrtiz, etc) displayed. However, it seems that the number of followers doesn’t correspond to base salary or even Twitter bonuses.
In the data I found, Mauricio Rua had the most followers but Tito Ortiz earned the most as reflected by base salary. And the only one to earn any Twitter bonuses was Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira.
2011 fighter of the year Jon “Bones” Jones was 3rd in base salary earned (although his PPV, win and fight bonuses would amount to much more), 2nd in number of Google search results, and 3rd in Twitter followers.
What is very interesting to note is that PPV kings Brock Lesnar, Georges St. Pierre and Anderson Silva are nowhere to be found in the top ten UFC base salary earners.
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)