QR (Quick Response) bar codes have been around for a long time. According to Wikipedia, “although initially used for tracking parts in vehicle manufacturing, QR Codes are now used in a much broader context, including both commercial tracking applications and convenience-oriented applications aimed at mobile phone users (known as mobile tagging). QR Codes can be used to display text to the user, to add a vCard contact to the user’s device, to open a URI or to compose a text message or email.”
QR Codes for Real Estate
The coolest thing for Realtors is that anyone can generate their own QR Code for others to scan and use by visiting free QR Code generating sites. Now let’s discuss how you can use them for your business.
- On your real estate sign outside your listed property so people can digitally experience an open house at any time.
- On your business card so potential clients can read about you and see your listings.
- Almost any marketing piece you are involved in can use a QR code. Think of all the print advertising you use. And that bus bench too!
Not many companies and brands are presently using QR codes. However, many of your clients are using smartphones. This ‘connected’ demographic is also used to using their smartphones to gather information from the web. Use this knowledge and QR codes to your best advantage.
Here’s a simple example of a QR code I made for this blog:
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to email (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)