Blogging may be the simplest thing you ever do to market yourself and your business. You can write almost from anywhere and at anytime.
Here are 5 points about blogging for real estate:
- Make sure you have a website that you can blog on. Personally, I would stay away from company’s that offer templated and boring realtor sites. Try WordPress or even the Blogger platforms. There are amazing realtor-focused templated sites out there. I just have a hard time finding them.
- Blog consistently. You don’t have to do it everyday. I advise against it (even though I’m doing it this month) and suggest something more manageable. Maybe 1-2 times per week.
- Variety is the spice of life. Feel free to post your latest listings. Also feel free to post neighbourhood news, interesting recipes, real estate trends and even stuff that’s happening in your personal or professional life. You want to be able to relate to your potential audience.
- Encourage comments and questions. Don’t be afraid if people disagree with you. Having conversations is what you want. It will give you an opportunity to shine. So please don’t disable your comments section.
- Don’t stop. I’m not promising a get rich quick scheme. Building readership and a community of readers takes time and effort: just like a real relationship
Have a catchy title to get people to read your blog post.
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to email (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)