Sony just announced that they are discontinuing their popular Sony Walkman. Are you kidding me?! I’m not outraged. I’m surprised that they were still making those things.
Now don’t get me wrong. I love(d) the Sony Walkman. I actually own(ed) an original Sport version of the Walkman. Big, fat, yellow, water-resistant and unbreakable. I even played my first mix tape on the Sport Walkman. But now it’s gone.
Now we put tiny ear buds or oversized earmuffs into/over our ears to listen to digital downloads. The music we listen to comes in bits and bytes. Sometimes we download from an online store. Sometimes we listen to pirated music.
We have even started watching concerts on YouTube.
The way we consume, listen to and interact with music has been an ever-changing story. And it will continue to change.
This is the premise for MusicConnectTO.
MusicConnectTO is an event that a trio of us have organized for the Toronto community.
Taking place this Thursday evening at Toronto’s famous Gladstone Hotel Ballroom, we will be discussing the Canadian music industry’s response to social media, digital media and new media.
Here’s why I’d love for you to come:
- You can win cool prizes like a trip to Cleveland’s Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.
- You will learn about a couple of Toronto tech startups, Mediazoic and YouPhonics, that will take the industry by storm.
- You will have an opportunity to learn how record labels and independent bands have approached the utilization of these new tools and technologies.
- You will have a great time with some great people in a great venue.
There are many more reasons for you to attend. But if you’re a fan of music (and who isn’t) and a user of these new tools (I know you tweet!) MusicConnectTO is the place to be.
I hope to see you there.
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)