It really is a perfect fit in my opinion.
Sports teams (good or bad) have a fan base that even popular brands like Apple and Red Bull wished they had: A passionate fan base for life.
Social media allows (among other things) brands such as the Toronto Rock or even the Toronto Public Library to communicate, listen, interact and even market (blasphemy) to their fans.
Last night, something that started in the heads of myself and good friend, Joallore finally came to life after almost 8 weeks of planning. It took a committed team to pull it off. Thanks must go out to Carolyn, May, Zaigham, Mike, Nehal, Dave and Karim #2.
Social Media Representatives from Maple Leafs Sports & Entertainment, Toronto Blue Jays and the Canadian Football League debated, answered questions and gave their personal thoughts and insights to the over 100 people in attendance. Special thank you to all of them and to Erin Bury of Sprouter for being our panel moderator.
To read what people are saying check out #SCTO (FYI – #SCTO was a trending topic on Twitter in Toronto last night!)
You can also see a JustinTV recording HERE.
Thanks to our sponsors, volunteers, supporters, attendees and again to my team for making everything come together.
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to email (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)