I enjoy podcasts. Listening to them. I’m trying to figure out how to podcast but until then I’ll be satisfied with listening to them.
Most of you know what a podcast is so I won’t bore you with an explanation.
What I want to do today is tell you why I enjoy podcasts (the audio version for now). Then I’ll tell you some of the one’s I subscribe to.
So, why listen to podcasts? Here’s my explanation: Most of them you can’t get on the radio. There are alot of really smart people who just happen to podcast. For example, maybe you like archeology. Not many radio stations offer such programming. But maybe there’s a guy or gal who podcasts about this subject. If you’re interested, you’ll listen. And, at a time when you want to.
And that’s a great second reason. Maybe there’s a radio program you do enjoy but don’t have the time to listen when it’s aired. Well, with technology being so user friendly, you can enjoy your favourite program when you have the time to listen to it.
Finally, podcasting gives me an opportunity to learn about things that interest and intrigue me from people who are experts. And that’s priceless!
Karim’s Favourite Podcasts:
- Between The Ropes. I’m a mark for professional wrestling. Don’t ask me why. It’s the same reason some of you watch The Hills, Young and the Restless or even Poker. You just do. The show is based out of Orlando, Florida and the hosts are amazing. Brian, Vito and D’Lo offer their community amazing insight and commentary while interviewing some of wrestling’s past and current stars.
- Spark. Hosted by the amazing Nora Young, “Spark is a weekly audio blog of smart and unexpected trendwatching. It’s not just technology for gearheads, it’s about the way technology affects our lives, and the world around us.”
- The Moth. True stories told on stage without notes in front of crowds. That’s the concept of this great podcast. This not-for-profit storytelling organization features unknown as well as popular speakers from various backgrounds and industries. Prepare to laugh and sometimes cry.
- Media Hacks (Six Pixels of Separation – Twist Image). This is my newest find. And it’s a gem. Media Hacks features Canada’s and America’s top marketing and social media personalities. Media Hacks (found on the SPOS-TI podcast) discusses “media, technology, publishing, culture and how we all interact with it and build community”.
There’s a few other I listen to on occasion and a few other I’m checking out. And maybe one day, I’ll do my own podcast.
Do you podcast or listen to podcasts? What are your favourites? Have you listened to the one’s listed above? As always, I look forward to the conversation…
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to email (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)